The client wanted to maintain the visibility of their products in the national media.
Objective: Maintain national visibility of Peachtree Doors and Windows and Weather Shield Windows & Doors through editorial coverage of new products, expert spokespeople and profile projects in consumer shelter publications, architectural and building trade publications, home improvement television producers and networks, and general consumer media.
Approach: Build relationships with editors by delivering relevant story content and expert sources. Cultivate story ideas about new products, manufacturing and corporate advancements, environmental initiatives and unique projects, and offer to media through continual outreach.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with editors by responding to requests promptly and delivering materials they need to meet their deadlines
- Monitor and proactively provide content for editorial calendar opportunities
- Write and distribute new product news releases
- Work with company salespersons to scout extraordinary projects that may be of interest to media as profile stories
- Coordinate tours at company facilities
- Plan and facilitate editorial visits at editors’ offices and conduct briefings with company personnel
Results: Weather Shield and Peachtree are reaping ongoing rewards of strong editor relationships. Because Renown Marketing Communications is committed to responding to editors’ needs within 24 hours, editors often call Renown first when working on a story about windows or doors.
The media clips are a testimony to these efforts. In 2007, 486 clips mentioned Peachtree. In the first seven months of 2008, Weather Shield media coverage generated more than 118 million impressions. The media coverage has extended the companies’ visibility and credibility through perceived third-party endorsement that is not delivered through advertising. The companies have found that publicity generates more sales leads than advertising. As such, publicity is a mainstay in their external marketing.