Church Innovations wanted to be known as an authority on missional church in the world.
Objective: Establish the organization as an authority on missional church in the world; create a consistent, professional brand and greater visibility for the organization to support sales of consulting and research services.
Approach: Establish a strategic partnership with Renown Marketing Communications through which Church Innovations can identify its marketing and communications priorities, and focus its financial and human resources on activities generating the greatest visibility and credibility among key audiences.
- Gain an understanding of Church Innovations’ priorities, services, clients, strengths and weaknesses
- Develop a three-year marketing communications plan to position the organization as experts in its field while building visibility and credibility among clients, prospective clients, those who influence buying decisions, and peers
- Craft key messages and elevator story on behalf of the organization
- Work collaboratively with staff to achieve successful outcomes while minimizing expenses
- Write and oversee production of marketing materials, including an overview brochure and corresponding service cards, annual reports, conference invitations and display boards
- Help manage, and edit copy for, regular e-newsletter
- Revise website copy and coordinate graphic design for new website
- Provide ongoing counsel and recommendations for marketing and branding
- Make recommendations for incorporating emerging forms of media in marketing
Results: Through its partnership with Renown Marketing Communications, Church Innovations persists in implementing the strategic marketing communications plan. As directed by the plan, the organization has refined its brand through updated and new collateral materials that present a consistent, professional image of the organization. That brand is furthered through the organization’s annual conference and regular e-newsletter, which effectively position the organization and its consultants as the leading authorities in its field. The organization continues to explore ways to incorporate video and social media into its marketing communications as a means to freshen its approach to audiences while containing expenses.