caringbridge wanted to inspire people to tell others about the organization and to thank supporters.
Objective: Inspire people to tell others about CaringBridge and its free websites for persons facing long-term health care conditions. Thank donors and sponsors for their ongoing support of the nonprofit service.
Approach: Share the positive experiences CaringBridge site authors and subjects have had with the service in an engaging and professional annual report. Incorporate a theme highlighting the importance of community and a direct call to action to spread the word of CaringBridge’s free service.
- Interpret client’s vision for the annual report
- Summarize year’s accomplishments and future plans in an executive letter
- Interview profile subjects and write their stories
- Develop compelling “Tell a Friend” copy to encourage word-of-mouth marketing
- Direct photographers on photo shoots
- Coordinate layout and design with graphic design agency
- Proofread and finalize report for printing
CaringBridge is a valuable connection between individuals in the midst of unforeseen events and their loved ones, coworkers and acquaintances. It becomes a lifeline. The 2007 annual report highlighted the value of community through heart-warming stories of families and their support communities that were held together by CaringBridge sites. The photos subtly drew the reader into the subjects’ communities while the graphic design skillfully wove the theme throughout the piece. According to feedback from CaringBridge, the call to action on the 2007 “Tell a Friend” page was exactly what they had hoped to articulate – urgency, compassion and support.
Renown Marketing Communications also wrote the 2006, 2008 and 2009 CaringBridge annual reports.