Eastman’s Perennial Wood
Eastman sought help launching Perennial Wood™
Objective: Successfully launch Eastman’s new acetylated wood brand, Perennial Wood™, into the building products marketplace, establishing awareness, credibility and trial with consumers, builders and remodelers, lumber materials dealers, and architects and designers.
Approach: Partner with the Perennial Wood Marketing Communications team to create extensive brand-supporting collateral materials to support the brand launch at the International Builders’ Show, where an aggressive public relations campaign gains exposure to target audiences through the media. Build on the launch momentum with intriguing case studies, ongoing public relations outreach and continuing education coursework for architects.
Renown Marketing’s Responsibilities:
- Identify and coordinate demonstration projects to showcase Perennial Wood in market applications
- Write and oversee design of multiple collateral pieces to support launch to trade channel
- Create annual public relations and architectural marketing plans
- Train 13 spokespeople for media interviews and trade show booth discussions
- Assist with planning and implementation of media launch event at the International Builders’ Show
- Script talking points for the brand’s internal corporate launch event and the media launch event
- Plan and implement extensive ongoing public relations outreach, including writing and distributing targeted media pitches and news releases regularly
- Develop and manage continuing education program for architects
- Create awareness of new applications of Perennial Wood through public relations
- Facilitate media interviews at several industry trade shows throughout the year of launch
- Measure effectiveness of media coverage
Results: The media launch party was a resounding success thanks to the Renown Marketing team and its ability to interest many key trade and consumer shelter media to attend. Many editors who were unable to attend the event, visited with spokespeople in the booth during the run of the trade show. All told, the initial PR campaign netted over 2.08 billion positive impressions of the brand in the four months following launch, for an equivalent advertising value of nearly $238,000. The media coverage helped educate audiences about the brand’s value proposition relative to competitive products. In addition to being the public relations agency of record for Perennial Wood, Renown Marketing continued to help the Perennial Wood team wherever help was needed, including with writing and research work, showcase project scouting, coordination and oversight of photo shoots at project locations, and architectural marketing.